Tips for Packing Prescription Medications
- Bring all medications labeled in correct, original containers/packaging
- Bring your physician’s prescription with the generic name for all your medications, as brand names vary from country to country. Leave copies of these prescriptions with your emergency contact as well.
- If you have a chronic condition or medication allergy consider ordering a medic alert bracelet. Contact your pharmacist for ordering information.
- If you have any doubt about the legality of carrying a certain drug into a country, consult your insurance provider and/or the embassy of that country prior to departure.
- Carry at least one week’s worth medication with you in carry-on luggage for flight.
- If you use birth control pills remember to bring your prescription with you.
- Create a First Aid kit for yourself: pain reliever, antihistamine, antidiarrheal, antiseptic, calamine lotion, band aids, insect repellent, cold medicine, etc.