After Your Program
Returning to the USA is not the end of your study abroad experience. You will continue to experience a truly meaningful immersion in another culture for years to come. One reality for many students is facing living back at home after all the excitement and new experiences abroad. Here are some things you go do to get the most out of your time back home:
Prepare for Re-Entry and Reverse Culture Shock
Check out What’s up with Culture?
- This interactive program helps with re-entry adjustments and provides links to resources that can help you successfully re-adapt to life in the United States.
- Explore World Learning’s SIT Study Abroad After Study Abroad Toolkit
Stay Involved at OSU
Join the OSU Cultural Exchange Club
- The purpose of OSU Cultural Exchange is to assist with the integration of international students as well as the reintegration of returned study abroad students into the life of OSU.
- Apply to be a Peer Advisor in the Study Abroad / NSE Office. (For more information, contact the OSU Study Abroad/NSE Office)
Attend the Oklahoma Lessons from Abroad Annual Conference
- Hosted on a different campus across Oklahoma each year, this one-day conference is a great opportunity to meet other returning study abroad students from Oklahoma, share about your time abroad, and explore ways to apply your experiences moving forward into your career and graduate school.
- Join one of the many language and cultural clubs on campus. Visit Campuslink for more information.
- Volunteer at the Family Resource Center, located at 719 N Walnut, working with international students their families
Join Phi Beta Delta International Honor Society
- Phi Beta Delta’s mission is to serve as a means of encouraging interdisciplinary programming and to promote the exchange of ideas and information among a network of faculty, staff, and students involved in international endeavors.